CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Long lines, $22 popcorn, teenagers, &cross-dressers

So I bought tickets online for the opening night of Alice in Wonderland 3D at the IMAX about three weeks ago. We were all really excited about going because none of us had ever been to one, and I absolutely adore Alice in Wonderland. We left for Little Rock early yesterday so we would have time to eat and browse around. The print-out I had said to be at the theater 30 minutes early to get a good seat. We got there an hour and 15 minutes early and the line was already backed up. We stood in line for an hour with every "like totally hip, totally like cool" teenager within a hundred mile radius. Oh but there was one exception! There was an OLD man dressed as a very sexy version of Alice! He had on white knee high stockings, high heels, a super short blue dress, a long blond wig, and a butt-load of makeup! The girls were terrified! After they saw him, they wanted to leave. They just didn't know what to think about that, and Tony and I had a hard time explaining it! I tried to say that the world is made up of all kinds of different people, that some men just like to dress up, that it is OK to be different because that's what makes the world so great, but in the end I just gave up and said Don't Stare! It should be noted that this fam hates to wait in line. We just don't deal well with crowds and lines. I think that's why we like camping so much. Anyway, after the dreaded line we did manage to get seated. I was shocked when 2 drinks and 2 popcorn cost me $22. I guess it has been a long time since I have been to a movie, but that is just ridiculous! On a brighter note, the movie was awesome! The kids kept trying to touch stuff because it looked so real! In the end, I'm glad we went. It was an experience as is every adventure with the Cunningham's, but I doubt we do it again. I think we will stick to our camping!

1 comments:

Ashley said...

We started to go see it this weekend but ended up chickening out!!