CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 12, 2010

#11 Gunner Pool Recreation Area

If this is #11, I can't wait to see what #1 is going to be like. Gunner pool recreation area is located in Fifty-six Arkansas. It was about an hour drive from here in Batesville. It is about 3 miles down a winding gravel road but is accessible with any vehicle. There are a total of 28 campsites available. We stayed the weekend in #22. Tony got there early and grabbed what I believe to be the best spot there. We had a very large campsite that included the tent pad, BBQ grill, picnic table, and fire ring. Our site like many others was almost right on the bank of the Sylamore creek. This was ideal because we could sit in the comfort of our own site and still watch the kids play on the beach and in the water. We were also right across from the bathrooms(which for you non-campers are not regular flush toilets. It is just a potty over a hole in the ground) which is always good with me and the kids.







The girls and I spent most of our time in the water. You can walk all the way across the creek to the bluff on the other side. I think that was the girls most favorite thing to do.









The girls also rode their bikes all around the sites. We also got to bring the 4-wheeler this time. There are gravel roads that run forever up and down the mountains there. On one of our trips riding I stopped to take pictures of an old house and barn.

Tony found the same house and barn and had Maddy take his picture. I think he looks kinda creepy in them which is funny because just right down the road someone had this sign in their front yard!

We took advantage of all the site had to offer. There was 4-wheeler riding, swimming, hiking, bike trails, fishing, hunting(we didn't do this one, but there is walk in Turkey hunting zones there) and just relaxing. Oh and of course we had delicious meals made by Tony on his Dutch ovens. My favorite is Panhandler's Spaghetti and hot rolls!
Overall, I don't know what more a person could want. This site was perfect! It didn't have showers or electricity but that's what we had out Eureka tent and own shower for. I think I could totally start a whole new blog devoted just to camping. I'll have to think about that now that Randi explained to me how to do this new blog....much much easier! I could go on forever about all the stuff we did and how we rate our equipment but I will spare you. I will leave you with some random pictures from our trip.

1 comments:

Rita said...

Love all these pictures-we have to go soon.I am ready to fish