CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 5, 2010

Spring Yard Work





Tony and I have worked our butts off outside the last two days. Yesterday we went over to Shannon's house and helped out in his yard. I mowed while Tony and the girls picked up sticks out of the yard. Then we dug up a bunch of flowers from his house and transplanted them. We planted a row down the length of our back deck. Today we planned on going back to get more flowers but ended up getting busy with other things. Tony tilled a row for his mom to plant in at her house. While we were there, she gave us four really nice chairs for outside. That saved us a bundle because we were planning on buying some. Then we went to my mom's house. She gave the girls her trampoline. It was a chore taking that thing apart and then putting it back together at home, but totally worth it. Those things don't come cheap either! She also gave us a small picnic table. We put it out by our garden. It worked out perfect with two of the chairs Rita gave us. Now we can have dinner out there under the shade of the tree or just sit and watch the garden grow like old folks. We put the other chairs Rita gave us on our front porch. We have shade out there all day, but we haven't had anything to sit in out there until now. In the end we ended up with a ton of free goodies for the yard. We have been joking with Tony that now that he has a truck to haul things he has become quite the little hoarder! He brings home a truck load of stuff every time he leaves the house here lately. That's fine with me though, I just love all the changes we have been able to make for Free! We have been busy little bees and I am worn out. I will be sleeping good tonight!

1 comments:

Rita said...

I am so happy you got that trampoline home-I am proud of my happy garden family.I can tell Maddy loves it too and Jaddy will come around I think.She has it in her blood-lol-Tony use to did not care for it and look at him now.