CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Big City Time





I, spur of the moment, decided to take the fam to Dallas Friday. Within a couple of hours of making the decision to go we were East bound and down, loaded up and Truckin! The kids waved goodbye to their friends at school and screamed, "Dallas Texas here come the Cunninghams!" Tony rode with us down there but I did the driving so he could sleep. We had to stop in Little Rock and then in Nashville Arkansas before making our way to Highland Village Texas. Life on the road is the life for me. What most consider an awful lot of trouble i.e. driving from town to town, searching for hotels with vacancy, eating truck stop food, sleeping in a different hotel and town every night, and rolling into different towns in the wee hours of the morning is just plain adventure to me. I LOVE the hotel life, and the kids are growing fond of it too. They make friends wherever they go, they love seeing the different hotels, and have actually started having fun on the long car rides. While in Texas we didn't do a whole lot but did shop and play Lunar putt-putt(black light golf) and got to see all kinds of new things along the way. We were just happy to spend time with ole' Tony. The girls are fascinated with rest areas and on our way home we had time to stop since it was just us girls. It was the first car trip that far with just us girls. We took our time, made way too many stops, and had a blast just cruising along I-30. It went a lot better than I thought it would. I didn't get lost once and the girls were great. that just means more trips for these little travelin women! I let them take pictures in the car and here are some of my favorites that they took of us.

1 comments:

Randi House said...

Wow it sounds like yall had a blast!