CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Open House

Tonight the girls had their open house at West. It was exciting for all of us because of all the remodeling the school has been going through. It is finally done and looks amazing. It's about double the size it used to be. The cafeteria is now the library, they have a gym, dance room, and the whole inside has had a fresh coat of paint. It actually looks a lot different than it did 20 years ago when I was there. Most things have changed, but Mrs. Foley is still the teacher all the kids want. I am so pleased that Jadelyn has her this year and I think it will be the last. She said she is retiring next year. I can't believe she still had the dinosaur Randi and I helped make when we had her! Jadelyn is already in love with her because Mrs. Foley told Jadelyn that her maiden name was Cunningham and she knew how it was to have the longest name in school. Jadelyn can't wait for Monday! Madelyn got Miss Crosby, who I hadn't seen before, but seemed very nice. Maddy, on the other hand, does not like her. She wants to go back to preschool with Mrs. Ruth and Mrs. Brenda. She had them for 2 years and is having trouble adjusting to other teachers. Tonight has just been a little hard on me as well. I can't believe my baby is officially in big girl school. It seems like the other day when I took Jadelyn to her first day, now she's showing me around the school. My, my, my how the years are flying for ole' mom and pops!

0 comments: