CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Graduation

I can't believe it is over. I think I am still in shock. I am used to always thinking about what I have due at school, and now I feel almost bored. I said Almost! Anyhow, graduation couldn't have went any better. I was so surprised to see all the folks that showed up to see me. I am really going to miss school, but  I am so tickled that I finally did it. I bet a lot of you thought that it would never happen there for awhile. I know I had doubts myself. I have come a LONG way baby, and it feels Damn good!

Lyon sure does make a big ta-do about things. I love the pipe band, but hate all the unnecessary things Lyon squeezes in all its formal affairs. I was dreading the long ceremony and all the speakers, but it gave me time to think about how far I have come and where I want to go in life.

So I was very proud to be getting that diploma in my hands! I think what moved me the most was all the folks that showed up to tell me they were proud of me(even those that were there in voice only----Ashley!). I almost cried myself when I realized how proud Randi was of me. I thought this must me big! I was just overwhelmed with joy! I can not express how much all of y'alls words of encouragement have meant to me. I want to say a special Thank You to Dale and Judy Altom who stepped in to take the place of my parents. I think Judy called me every day leading up to graduation to tell me how excited she was. They also took the whole fam out to lunch at Elizabeth's. Oh My Gosh was it good! I am so grateful to have them in my life. I got lucky when I got my BFF Randi, I also got some great parents too! So Thanks to everyone for not giving up on me!

Oh I just have to add this little bit in. After lunch I wanted to take a family picture while we were all still dressed up. Well, Jadelyn was not having it! She was pissed about having to wear a dress in the picture and was ready for a nap. Big events where she has to be good really wear her out! So, I didn't get any good pic because she would not cooperate. Here are the attempts. I was pissed about it at first but now they just crack me up. The poor child looks just miserable!

0 comments: